Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Beginning (of a sort)

Well, hello, Internet Friend.

I hope you're out there. Though, I guess it dosen't really matter.

I had this whole thing sorted out in my head, and, as goes for most of my spur of the moment ideas, I get stuck at the beginning of typing.

This won't be something that tells good mottos, or stories of past lives (what past lives???), or DIY projects, or advice for people who turn to the Internet for that sort of thing (don't worry, I'm with you).  I just want it to be average, hence the name.  Except, I hope it won't be average. I wish that it will turn into something inspiring and extraordinary. But, let's face reality.  Don't take me for being a spoil sport, I just don't know how many people will actually wander across this little white page filled with my thoughts turned digitized letters.

I wonder many things about you, Internet Friend.  Where are you in the world? Are you even from this world (I'm not that weird...)? I wonder what you wonder about me.  What do you think about? How old do you think I am? What do you think the point of this is?  Is this interesting to you?  Do you think I'm intellectual, or just vying for attention? Hmmm?


If you're still with me, thank you for making it this far, and try to stay with me while I meander through my rambling way of writing.


In many ways, I'm like daVinci. But, in so many ways, I'm NOT.  I have his distraction and crazy ideas thing down, that's for sure. Fantastical little whims that are left unfinished, check. But, I'm not good at art, or architecture, and I definitely never go grave-digging.

I'll try to keep this little adventure going for awhile; give it a chance.  I'm not sure how long it will last, but you never know.  Maybe a career will come out of it someday. Writing, I mean.

I've tried writing books before, and I never get too far. It's not that I don't like to write, I actually love that part of it.  I just hate beginnings. I have to trick myself into thinking it's not the beginning, that I'm writing in the middle of a plot. Which is why I like the book I'm working on right now. You could say it kind of goes along with this blog.  It's a real-life book, at least that's what I'm calling it now.  Just telling people about life, and sharing experiences that others have probably had. An experiment, of sorts, to see how much in common people of all different backgrounds have.  This, I suppose, is what I'm going to use to decide whether to continue.  If you Internet Friends like this blog, then hopefully I can assume that all my Book Friends will like my novel.

So, let's try it out. Here goes.


1 comment:

  1. This is cool! You are an awesome writer. I can hear the voice coming through plain as day. I miss you :(

    Eliza
    markthisdaytakehisname.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete